COMMON INTERNAL MEDICINE CONDITIONS INCLUDE:
- Endocrine Disease (Cushing’s disease, diabetes mellitus, thyroid disease, Addison’s disease)
- Gastrointestinal Disease (chronic vomiting/diarrhea/weight loss, liver disease, pancreatic disorders)
- Urinary Tract Disease (renal, bladder, recurrent urolithiasis)
- Respiratory Disease (chronic nasal disease, upper airway disease, pulmonary disease)
- Hematology/Immunology (immune mediated diseases, blood dyscrasias)
- Infectious Disease (bacterial, fungal, parasitic, or other systemic infections, heartworm treatment)
INTERNAL MEDICINE PROCEDURES INCLUDE:
- Abdominal Ultrasound
- Feeding Tube Placement
- Transtracheal Wash
- Ultrasound Guided Biopsies
In addition to the use of our advanced imaging equipment and/or use of Brevard’s only Continuous Glucose Monitoring Unit, our internal medicine specialist might recommend one or more of our Advanced Recovery Therapies as part of your pet’s comprehensive treatment plan.
These new therapies may provide your pet with the “extra” help that they need for a speedy and complete recovery.